OKLAHOMA INSURANCE DEPARTMENT/
BAIL BOND DIVISION
LEGISLATIVE & ADMINISTRATIVE
CODE CHANGES FOR 2012
- Amends 59 O.S. 2011 § 1305. An applicant must show they are competent, trustworthy, financially responsible, and is of good personal and business reputation and character. The Commissioner may require any documents reasonably necessary to verify the information in the application.
- Amends 59 O.S. 2011 § 1309. Professional financial statements and Property documents are due by September 30th annually.
- Amends 59 O.S. 2011 § 1315. Persons convicted of any felony or to a misdemeanor involving dishonesty or moral turpitude shall not be bail bondsmen.
- Effective November 1, 2012.
HJR1123 – Approving rules which were adopted by the Oklahoma Insurance Department on March 22, 2012.
- 365:25-5-3. Bondsmen shall complete 8 credit hours of CE annually to meet the biennial requirement.
- 365:25-5-4. OBA as the CE provider pays $200.00 biennially to the Department.
- Initial professional deposits are made at the Commissioner’s office in Oklahoma City.
- Additional or replaced professional deposits may be handled through the mail.
- Additional or replaced professional deposits are added to total deposit after accepted by department staff.
- 365:25-5-35. Renewal filings or partial renewal filings submitted late will be assessed a $250 reinstatement fee in addition to the original license fee of $250.
- 365:25-5-43. Appointments are effective the date the department approves the appointment and notifies the resident county court clerk.